The global anticonvulsants market size was USD 18.16 Billion in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 2.3% during the forecast period, according to latest analysis by Emergen Research. Rising high-value investments in the healthcare sector along with increasing Research & Development (R&D) initiative by various major pharmaceutical companies for improvement in anticonvulsant therapy tolerability and drugs are major factors driving market revenue growth. In addition, rising incidences of epilepsy and various neurological disorders along with growing need for pain management caused by migraines are contributing to growth of the anticonvulsants market.
Anticonvulsants are medicinal drugs primarily used for treatment of epileptic seizures as well as various psychiatric disorders. High demand for anticonvulsants owing to increasing incidences of bipolar and other disorders consists of recurring aggression, severe temper dysregulation, intellectual impairment, autistic spectrum disorder, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). According to National Institute of Mental Health, around 21% of U.S. adults experienced mental illness in 2020, which is around 52.9 million individuals. Moreover, bipolar disorder was estimated for around 7 million individuals, almost 2.8% of the U.S. adults. Anticonvulsant medications are used to treat neuropathic pain and migraines, which is driving growth of the market.
The latest report, titled ‘Global Anticonvulsants Market,’ comprises a profound analysis of the fundamental parameters contributing to the global Anticonvulsants market scenario. The research report provides the reader with an in-depth interpretation of the Anticonvulsants market dynamics, including the crucial drivers, opportunities, threats, and challenges. The report also describes the key business strategies, demand and supply ratios, leading regions, and the renowned market players, in a nutshell, offering a futuristic outlook of the overall Anticonvulsants industry.
Request a Sample Report with Table of Contents and Figures to click Here: https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/1213
The section on the competitive landscape offers valuable and actionable insights related to the business sphere of the Anticonvulsants market, covering extensive profiling of the key market players. The report offers information about market share, product portfolio, pricing analysis, and strategic alliances such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations, partnerships, product launches and brand promotions, among others. The report also discusses the initiatives taken by the key companies to combat the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The leading market contenders listed in the report are:
GSK Group of Companies, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., UCB S.A, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Abbott, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc., Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Eisai Co., Ltd., and Sanofi.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- The AMPA segment accounted for largest revenue share in 2021. AMPA is utilized in treatment of partial on-set seizures in patients suffering from epilepsy as drugs bind to AMPA receptor present in Central Nervous System (CNS) and block the receptor, which is one of the key factors driving revenue growth of this segment. Two major subtypes of AMPARs, calcium-permeable (CP-AMPARs) and calcium-impermeable (CI-AMPARs) offer different roles in the maintenance of balance in excitation-inhibition of brain.
- Better efficacy, fewer side effects, and greater tolerance of second-generation anticonvulsant medications are major factors driving revenue growth of this segment. Moreover, non-requirement of blood level monitoring is increasing demand for second-generation drugs. High demand for anticonvulsant drugs for monotherapy or supplementary therapy is contributing to growth of this segment as well.
- The hospital pharmacies segment accounted for a significant revenue share in 2021. Increasing number of hospital pharmacies for neurological disorder, in addition to presence of doctors and medical professionals in both developed as well as emerging countries, are a few key factors driving revenue growth of this segment. Increasing healthcare infrastructure with proper medical supplies and facilities along with high-value funding for development of innovative drugs are contributing to growth of this segment.
- The North America market accounted for largest revenue share in 2021. Surging number of various neurological disorders, as well as increasing investments by major pharmaceutical companies for R&D in area of anticonvulsant drug development, are factors driving revenue growth of the market in this region. Furthermore, rising collaborations between governments and pharmaceutical companies and increasing number of approval of new innovative drugs are significantly contributing to growth of the anticonvulsants market.
Emergen Research has segmented the global Anticonvulsants market on the basis of type, application, end-use, and region:
Segments Covered in this report are:
Drug Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- α-Amino-3-Hydroxy-5-Methyl-4-isoxazole Propionic acid (AMPA)
- N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Receptor (NMDAR)
- Carbamate Anticonvulsants
- Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitor
Drug Generation Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- First Generation
- Second Generation
- Third Generation
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
The various regions analyzed in the report include:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Italy, Germany, France, Rest of EU)
- Asia Pacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Key Objectives of the Report:
- Analysis and estimation of the Anticonvulsants Market size and share for the projected period of 2022-2030
- Extensive analysis of the key players of the market by SWOT analysis and Porter’s Five Forces analysis to impart a clear understanding of the competitive landscape
- Study of current and emerging trends, restraints, drivers, opportunities, challenges, growth prospects, and risks of the global Anticonvulsants Market
- Analysis of the growth prospects for the stakeholders and investors through the study of the promising segments
- Strategic recommendations to the established players and new entrants to capitalize on the emerging growth opportunities
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyse consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.