The first and foremost thing which you need to understand is that you should always be ready if a question comes related to your car maintenance. This article will serve a purpose for the one who is planning to purchase a 4X4 or better say a four-wheel-drive vehicle or already has one with them. Well, it will not be wrong to say that the four-wheel-drive vehicles are the ones that are usually expensive to maintain compared to the front wheel or rear-wheel-drive vehicles. The reason behind it is that it has an additional prop shaft and it also has the diff, transfer case so that it can help the mechanism engage 4 wheels.
Why are 4WDs so difficult to maintain and expensive to buy?
You might be wondering why the 4 wheel drive service cost is higher and why it is also more complex to maintain. So, let me tell you that the moment you are giving output power to all four wheels of the vehicle then you are met by several problems that come your way. For instance, you can notice that not all the wheel is at the same distance from the engine. This indirectly means that the power is not equally distributed and the wheel which is farther from the engine will need more power to rotate. Thus, you can encounter different type of problems that comes across the car wheel.
The 4wd maintenance is comparatively higher as it stands out to be the most complex option of the vehicle. Some different options of the system are front-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive. And as everyone is aware of the fact that the more complex a system is the more chances exist to get your car properly maintained. Moreover, it has also been noticed that the four-wheel-drive vehicle mainly operates on rough terrain. Because of this region, the entire system is sensitive to damage as it is regularly exposed to the environment which can easily damage it.
How to reduce the maintenance cost?
It is obvious that there exists an increased cost for the maintenance of the four-wheel-drive vehicle. But still, there are certain ways by which you can reduce the maintenance cost of your car in the real words. Mentioned below are some of those ways.
- Purchase the best quality spare – You will be amazed to know that if you purchase the best quality spare then it will lead to better performance and longer life spans of the spares. In addition to all this, the best quality spares will help you to reduce the interval of getting the spare changed on a timely basis. Also, it will provide you with top-notch services.
- Smooth sailing – You need to ensure that you drive your car more carefully and prevent the way that you drive on a racecourse. This will not only help you to save some extra bucks on your fuel but at the same time your tyres, brakes, and clutch can last longer. Apart from all this, you must check for the price of the product that is listed on it and you can ask for a discount. If not then you can also consider other car repair shops for the same product.
- Make an effort to know more about the car – It has been noticed that the owner of the car gets them familiar only about the petrol head. This is not at all right as it can give an opportunity to the mechanic to get more pennies from your pocket that the actual job that needs to be done. But at the same time, if you are aware of the job that needs to be done then this extra spending could be minimized.
Apart from the points, those are discussed above if you can also involve yourself to do some smaller jobs like an air filter, fuses, and also bulb changes. Then you will be in a position to save some extra bucks on the maintenance part. In order words, it can be said that getting the odd jobs done will end up reducing the extra labor cost.
Why should one purchase a four-wheel-drive vehicle? (4X4 system)
Only choose a 4×4 if:
-You plan to go off-road. This applies to Jeeps, Gypsy (only available in 4×4), and some SUVs capable of moderate off-roading (Fortuner etc.).
– You’ll be driving on difficult terrain, including roads that don’t exist.
In the monsoons, you’ll just be spinning your wheels. With a 4×2, moderator TSK won’t be able to visit half of his dream sites. Do you want to go for a drive on the beach or in the desert? Get a 4×4 vehicle.
– There is snow in your city
Otherwise, just grab the 4×2 model and call it a day. It’s pointless to haul about extra equipment that will just add weight, reduce fuel economy, and increase maintenance costs. You also pay an extra lakh for 4×4 equipment something you’ll never use and will never recoup when you sell it.
On a similar point, I strongly suggest sedans over SUVs for folks who do not require three rows of seats or high ground clearance.
By this time you must have understood that the 4wds are the one which is hard to maintain and it is due to the complexity of the mechanism and service that it provides. As discussed earlier that you are going to have power across all four wheels of your car. A four-wheel-drive vehicle brings up a whole new world of possibilities and adventures. It gives you the tools you need to go further and see more of our state’s and beyond’s great sights. Thus, you need to pay extra for maintenance in order to enjoy the service. Moreover, you can easily say that the 4wd services are the most expensive ones to come across. All you need to do is approach the best auto service Perth so that you will get the best quality spares from them. This will help to reduce your maintenance cost.