Do you want to know how to open an account at Chase Bank? The process to apply for any banking service can seem tedious or overwhelming. This is because you have to consider the different options offered by the entity, the necessary documentation and its requirements. However, in many cases it is usually much easier and faster, as is the case with the accounts offered by Chase Bank.
In this sense, we have summarized in this guide everything you need to know about the application process for an account at Chase Bank. So that in this way you can take advantage of all the benefits that this bank offers to its clients.
Requirements to open an account at Chase Bank
Chase Bank is an institution that offers us a proposal in its services with characteristics linked to the simple, but very functional. That is why to request the opening of an account in said entity, it is only necessary to access its web platform. However, this bank requests the following requirements:
Social Security number.
Driver’s license or some identification document issued by the state.
Contact information such as:
- Home address.
- Email address,
- Phone number.
Money for an initial deposit.
In case of carrying out the online application process, in addition to these requirements, you must indicate your zip code. In addition to this, the interface will ask you to indicate if you are starting a new request or if you are completing a process that you have started previously.
Steps to open a Chase account online
Currently, having a bank account is essential. This is because through these mercantile products it is easier for us to pay for services, invoices and purchases. In addition, it is an instrument with which we can keep a detailed record of our financial movements.
In this sense, Chase Bank is presented as one of the banks with a growing popularity in the country. This thanks to the diversity of services, products and account options that adapt to your needs.
However, to enjoy the benefits of its services it is necessary to understand how the bank works. To do this, we will detail you step by step on how to request an account at Chase Bank online.
1. Get the necessary documentation
Like any banking entity, Chase Bank requests a series of requirements from its new clients to provide its services. Basically, these are identification documents, personal information such as contact details and address, as well as an initial deposit. In this sense, the amount for the initial deposit may vary according to the type of account you wish to open.
2. Request your account online
One of the great advantages of Chase Bank is that you can complete the entire application process through their website. Once inside the Chase Bank website, you must enter your ZIP code and indicate if you are starting a new application or completing a previously started process. Also, if you have a coupon, you can enter the code and specify if you are a new customer or if you already have other services in the entity.
The next thing will be to provide information about your citizenship. At this point you will have to answer a series of questions in detail and carefully. Likewise, it will be necessary for you to provide your contact information. As well as personal information such as your social security number, date of birth and details of your employment status. In these last data you must indicate your income, assets and liabilities.
You will then be required to fund your new account with an initial deposit. As we have already mentioned, the minimum amount will depend on the type of product you have requested. To do this, you have the option of issuing an electronic transfer from another banking institution. Finally, you must confirm your request for it to be approved by the institution.
How good is Chase Bank?
Chase Bank is one of the most recommended banking system institutions in the United States. This entity has distinguished itself by offering modern and highly efficient commercial products. In addition, it provides its customers with at least 5,000 branches and 16,000 ATMs.
Some of the advantages that we can highlight from Chase are the following:
- Modern Services: Technological expertise is one of Chase’s most prominent positive definitions. Thanks to the fact that it has one of the most intuitive and easy-to-use websites. So you can make deposits of up to $2,000 daily from your mobile phone. In addition, you have a mobile application with which they have access to all the services contracted in this entity.
- Competitive offers: This institution provides great benefits through its rewards program. In this sense, you can access a bonus of up to $200 if you open a Chase Total Checking account, for example. Likewise, it has attractive bonus offers for most credit card accounts.
Among the characteristics to take into account of Chase, we have the following:
- Low Interest Rates – Like most large traditional banks, Chase offers low interest rates. For example, for a Chase savings account, they provide an APY as low as 0.01%.
- Fees – Even though Chase offers terms that waive monthly maintenance fees; it is possible to find other institutions that provide accounts with free fees without having to meet imposed conditions.
- Mobile Deposit Limits: Currently limits mobile check deposit movements to $2,000 per day and $5,000 per month. Quite a limiting feature for users who still benefit from mobile check deposits.
Finally, it is imperative to keep in mind that although Chase is a national bank, it currently does not have offices in every state. That is why if you want to open an account with Chase, verify that there are branches of this bank in your area.
Opening an account at Chase Bank is ideal if you want to take advantage of the promotions offered by this institution. In addition, it is one of the best options in terms of online banking and internet services.
However, their products are not characterized by being accessible. Likewise, their interest levels are usually very low when compared to other offers in the banking system.
In any case, we invite you to learn about the benefits of the credit cards that Chase offers you. In addition, we teach you the advantages that your loan program can offer you.