The internet creepypasta of the same name served as the inspiration for the horror game known as Backrooms Game. The premise of the game is that there are an infinite number of levels of rooms hidden behind the walls of reality, and that if you accidently clip through these walls, you will be stuck in a limbo consisting of endless yellow corridors and carpets if you do so. The objective of the game is to free yourself from this nightmare while evading the sinister beings who lurk in the shadows.
How to play the Backrooms game?
You will need a device that can connect to the internet and a browser in order to play the Backrooms Game.
The game is comprised of a number of stages, each of which represents an additional, more intricate layer of the backrooms. Each level features its own distinct aesthetic, arrangement, and dangers. On some levels, there are elevators or portals that will carry you to the next level in the game. On some stages, there are also extra features or occurrences that can either assist you progress through the game or slow you down. Inside the backrooms, you never know what to expect, therefore you should always be ready for anything.
The sanity mechanism in the game has an effect on how you perceive the world around you, so keep an eye on that. Your sanity will slowly deteriorate as you make your way through the many backrooms. You will be eliminated from the competition if it gets to zero. It is possible to regain your sanity if you locate the safe rooms, which are denoted by green lights. You can also regain your sanity by making use of certain objects, such as medications or water bottles.
The creepypasta/meme that started it all on 4chan in 2018 serves as the inspiration for this game. The backrooms were characterized in the original post as “a place where it’s nothing but the stink of old moist carpet, the madness of mono-yellow, the endless background noise of fluorescent lights at maximum hum-buzz,” and there were approximately six hundred million square miles of randomly segmented empty rooms to be trapped in. Another warning was included in the post, which stated, “God save you if you hear something wandering around nearby, because it sure as hell has heard you.”
The Backrooms Game is a scary experience that will put your nerves and talents to the test in a claustrophobic setting. It is not for individuals who are easily frightened or challenged, but rather for those who take pleasure in a good scare. If you have the gumption to venture into the backrooms, I wish you the best of success and recommend that you follow this guide.
Hints and Tips for The Backrooms Game
The Backrooms Game is a game that has the potential to be exceedingly difficult and terrifying. Here are some useful hints and suggestions that will assist you in thriving and succeeding:
• Look around you for hints, items, and possible exits as you investigate the area. You can engage in conversation with certain things by either clicking on them or using the E button. You can also click the F button to pick up some goods and use them at a later time.
• Pay close attention to your sanity meter, which may be seen at the very bottom of the screen. You will be eliminated from the competition if it gets to zero. It is possible to regain your sanity if you locate the safe rooms, which are denoted by green lights. You can also regain your sanity by making use of certain objects, such as medications or water bottles.
• It is important to keep in mind that producing an excessive amount of noise or remaining stationary for an extended period of time will entice the creatures that are roaming the backrooms. You may hear them through the sounds of their footsteps, their breathing, and any other sounds they make. If you spot one, get away quickly and hide behind a door or a wall if you can. Be on the lookout at all times and be prepared to flee, since certain entities might pursue you through multiple levels.
• Make prudent use of your flashlight since, while it may improve your vision in the dark, it also has the potential to deplete the power in your battery and give away your location to the entities. Pressing the R button will allow you to turn your flashlight on and off. You should also look around the backrooms for batteries that you may use to replenish your flashlight.
• Look for a way out of the backrooms by following the directions on any signs, maps, or other clues you find. On some levels, there are elevators or portals that will carry you to the next level in the game. On some stages, there are also extra features or occurrences that can either assist you progress through the game or slow you down. Always be ready for the worst case scenario, and never give up hope.
Other Horror Games
1. Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 7 is a survival horror game that reinvents the iconic series with a first-person perspective and a new setting. You play as Ethan Winters, a man who goes to a dilapidated plantation in Louisiana to look for his missing wife. There, he encounters the Baker family, a group of twisted and murderous hillbillies who have been infected by a mysterious bioweapon.
Visage is a psychological horror game that is heavily inspired by the canceled Silent Hills project and its playable teaser P.T. You play as Dwayne Anderson, a man who wakes up in a haunted house that is constantly changing and shifting. You will have to explore the house and its history, uncovering the dark secrets and tragedies that have occurred there.
3. Alien: Isolation
Alien: Isolation is a stealth horror game that is based on the classic sci-fi horror film Alien. You play as Amanda Ripley, the daughter of Ellen Ripley, who goes to the Sevastopol space station to find out what happened to her mother. There, she encounters a deadly alien creature that stalks her throughout the station.
The Backrooms Game is a scary experience that will put your nerves and talents to the test in a claustrophobic setting. It is not for individuals who are easily frightened or challenged, but rather for those who take pleasure in a good scare. If you have the gumption to venture into the backrooms, blogrism is the best of success and recommend that you follow this guide.